What? Show your creativity — design a poster from recycling and picking up trash to conserving energy and more — protect the environment. Posters are judged based on originality, message impact, and visual appeal.
Who? The contest is open to all students who are residents of Suffolk and enrolled in grades K-12 (home schooled, public or private). We are also encouraging our teachers and homeschooling parents to submit posters that we can share on social media to inspire the students.
Why? Because it’s FUN!!! And your posters can help inform your community about respecting the planet! Winners will receive a certificate and prize pack. Prize packs contain your very own Litter Prevention Kit and other goodies.
How? Take a photo of your finished poster and submit via email to Littercontrol@suffolkva.us. MUST INCLUDE: Name, Home Address & Telephone Number, Student or Parent E-mail Address, School & Grade Level.
With your permission we would love to share your poster on our social media. Keep Suffolk Beautiful is on Facebook and Instagram.
PRE-REGISTRATION NOT REQUIRED
POSTER CONTEST RULES • The contest is open to all students who are residents of Suffolk grades K-12 (home schooled, public or private).
• Only one entry per student.
• Poster should not be larger than 12″x 18″.
• Students may use any 2D medium (i.e., crayons, watercolors, pastels, color pencils, fabric etc.) and use any surface available -, paper, cardboard, wood etc… Three-dimensional posters are disqualified. Brand names should not be included on posters.
• The poster submitted must be the student’s original art work and lettering.
• Email submissions must include: Student’s Name, Home Address & Telephone Number, Student or Parent E-mail Address, School & Grade Level
• Posters are judged based on originality, message impact, and visual appeal.
• Winners are selected in categories:
Kindergarten, Elementary (grades 1-5), Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12).