To keep pools safe we ask patrons to follow these guidelines:
- Large floats or inner tubes are not permitted, as they obstruct the view of the lifeguards. Water guns, throwing toys or other items that may cause harm are prohibited. Small floating toys or pouring toys are acceptable for tots. Safety of items will be determined at the discretion of the pool staff.
- Children may wear coastguard-approved personal floatation devices (PFD) with close parental supervision. Parents can check out floatation devices from pool staff at no additional cost.
- Patrons swimming with children who wear diapers must use "leak proof" baby swimsuits, swim diapers, or diapers covered with snug-fitting plastic pants.
- Parents are encouraged to accompany their children to the pool and to supervise them closely while in the water. They are also asked to discuss pool safety rules with their children and to encourage respect for pool rules and pool staff.
- Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool.
For more information on general pool operations, swim lessons, pool rentals, or to make suggestions regarding aquatics programming, call 757-514-7254.