Examples of Permitted Home Occupations
- Low Volume office (insurance, realty), Word processing and other computer applications
- Home offices only.
- One-chair beauty shop
These types of home occupations shall be operated and maintained to not interfere with the peace, quiet and dignity of the neighborhood.
Child Day Care
- Permitted in zones A, RR, RE, RL, RLM, RM, RC, RU.
- 4 or fewer clients
- Cannot operate business before 7 a.m. and after 8 p.m.
- 25% or less gross floor area of home for daycare
- Must comply with UDO 31-707 regulations attached to your application.
Home Occupations Not Permitted
- Medical/dental office
- Motor vehicle repair or similar uses
- Temporary or permanent motor vehicle display for purposes of sale or lease, restoration or conversion, engine repair
- Gymnastic facilities or outdoor recreation activities
- Medical/cosmetic facilities for animals including animal care or boarding facilities
- Contractor's shops
- Medical procedures
- Body piercing and/or painting
- Furniture refinishing
- Any type of physical or psycho therapy
- Retail sales
- Machine shop/metal working
- Commercial food preparation and catering
These are examples (including but not limited to) of home occupations that are not permitted. If you wish to conduct these types of businesses you will need to find a business location zoned for these types of activities.
Still have questions? Please contact Community Development for more information