Cypress Park Pool
Cypress Park Pool is currently the only outdoor pool nested in the Downtown area of Suffolk. The Pool opens Memorial Day and continues operation through Labor Day.
Admission to the Pool
NEW! All participants will be required to register and receive a FREE pool pass to present at the pool office. Passes may be obtained at any of our recreation centers or the Administration building. Children must be registered by the head of the household. Admission to the Pool is FREE and open to Suffolk residents and non-residents.
Cypress Park Pool also offers swimming lessons for youth ages 5-17, group swim times, and party rentals by pre-paid reservations.
- Friday 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|Number of People||Rate|
|1-25||$35 per hour|
|26-50||$50 per hour|
|51-100||$100 per hour|
Refunds or rescheduling will only be made available only if the city cancels the party due to inclement weather or when swimmers are unable to get into the pool due to contamination or equipment failure.
Pool Guidelines: Have Fun, Be Safe, Learn to Swim!
To keep pools safe we ask patrons to follow these guidelines:
- Large floats or inner tubes are not permitted, as they obstruct the view from lifeguards. Water guns, throwing toys or other items that may cause harm are prohibited. Small floating toys or pouring toys are acceptable for tots. Safety of items will be determined at the discretion of the pool staff.
- Children may wear coastguard-approved personal flotation devices (PFD) with close parental supervision. Parents can check out floatation devices from pool staff at no additional cost.
- Patrons swimming with children who wear diapers must use “leak proof” baby swimsuits, swim diapers, or diapers covered with snug-fitting plastic pants.
- Parents are encouraged to accompany their children to the pool and to supervise them closely while in the water. They are also asked to discuss pool safety rules with their children and to encourage respect for pool rules and pool staff.
- Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool.
For more information on general pool operations, swim lessons, pool rentals, or to make suggestions regarding aquatics programming, call 757-514-7270.
- Appropriate swim attire is required.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- Diving and running is prohibited.
- Profane or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Please use trash receptacles to dispose of trash.
- Horseplay, unnecessary roughness and shoulder rides are prohibited.
- Food, drinks, and gum are not allowed on the deck or in the pool. Please use designated areas.
- Smoking is not permitted in the pool area.
- Glass bottles or sharp objects are not permitted on the deck or in the swim area.
- Coast Guard approved flotation devices only are allowed in the pool.
- Aggressive behavior towards other patrons is prohibited and can cause expulsion from the premises.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck and should be placed in locker.
- No alcoholic beverages in or around the pool.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No person with skin, eye, ear, or nasal infections allowed in the pool.
- No person with communicable disease allowed in the pool.
- No person under the influence of drugs or alcohol allowed in the pool.
- No animals or pets allowed in the pool or on the deck.
The City of Suffolk has a No-Refund policy. Rain checks will be issued for inclement weather, contamination and equipment failure only if the pool is to be closed for the remainder of the day. However, the pool rental deposit is refundable.o
Group Swim Policy
Groups of 10 or more must have a reservation to assure adequate supervision and prevent overcrowding of the pool.
- To make a reservation contact the pool office at 757-514-7270 or 757-514-7250 for approval of swim time and an appointment.
- A complete Group Swim Agreement must be filled out and approved by Suffolk P&R Department.
- Suffolk P&R programs have priority scheduling for group swimming. Call 757-514-7270, for more information.
- Youth Groups (day cares, camps, etc.) must have a 1 to 10 ratio of supervisors/counselors to youth.
- If there are children under age 5 in the group, the ratio of supervisor/counselor to youth must be 1 to 6.
Groups must sign an agreement:
- Come at a scheduled time only
- Adhere to staff/child ratios
- Provide general supervision of youth
- Provide supervision of group belongings
- Comply with all pool rules
- Non-swimming counselors are not allowed in water over five feet deep
Failure to comply will result in termination of Group Swim Agreement.
We thank you for considering use of our wonderful pool and hope you enjoy!