Cypress Park Pool is Open!
Open swim is Tuesday - Sunday, 2:00 - 6:00 PM.
Cypress Park Pool
Cypress Park Pool is currently the only outdoor pool nested in the Downtown area of Suffolk. The Pool opens Memorial Day and continues operation through Labor Day.
For more information about the pool and rentals, please call the Pool Facility at 757-923-2384 or the Parks & Recreation Administrative office at 757-514-7254.
Suffolk Parks & Recreation offers swim lessons for all ages throughout the summer!
Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
$30 per two-week session
We have certified American Red Cross Instructors and Lifeguards.
The City of Suffolk has a No-Refund policy. Rain checks will be issued for inclement weather, contamination and equipment failure only if the pool is to be closed for the remainder of the day. However, the pool rental deposit is refundable.
Pool Rules + Guidelines
- Large floats or inner tubes are not permitted, as they obstruct the view from lifeguards. Water guns, throwing toys or other items that may cause harm are prohibited. Small floating toys or pouring toys are acceptable for tots. Safety of items will be determined at the discretion of the pool staff.
- Children may wear coastguard-approved personal flotation devices (PFD) with close parental supervision. Parents can check out flotation devices from pool staff at no additional cost.
- Patrons swimming with children who wear diapers must use “leak proof” baby swimsuits, swim diapers, or diapers covered with snug-fitting plastic pants.
- Parents are encouraged to accompany their children to the pool and to supervise them closely while in the water. They are also asked to discuss pool safety rules with their children and to encourage respect for pool rules and pool staff.
- Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool.
- Appropriate swim attire is required.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- Diving and running is prohibited.
- Profane or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Please use trash receptacles to dispose of trash.
- Horseplay, unnecessary roughness and shoulder rides are prohibited.
- Food, drinks, and gum are not allowed on the deck or in the pool. Please use designated areas.
- Smoking is not permitted in the pool area.
- Glass bottles or sharp objects are not permitted on the deck or in the swim area.
- Coast Guard approved flotation devices only are allowed in the pool.
- Aggressive behavior towards other patrons is prohibited and can cause expulsion from the premises.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck and should be placed in locker.
- No alcoholic beverages in or around the pool.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No person with skin, eye, ear, or nasal infections allowed in the pool.
- No person with communicable disease allowed in the pool.
- No person under the influence of drugs or alcohol allowed in the pool.
- No animals or pets allowed in the pool or on the deck.
For more information about Pool Operations, Rentals, Group Swim or Swim Lessons please call 757-923-2384 or 757-514-7250.
The City of Suffolk has a No-Refund policy. Rain checks will be issued for inclement weather, contamination and equipment failure only if the pool is to be closed for the remainder of the day. However, the pool rental deposit is refundable.o