OFFICERS OF ELECTION ARE NEEDED FOR THE NOV. 8, 2022 GENERAL ELECTION. SUFFOLK HAS MULTIPLE OPENINGS THROUGHOUT THE CITY. PLEASE CONTACT THE VOTER REGISTRATION OFFICE AT 757-514-7750 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SERVING. THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS OCTOBER 1, 2022.
Dates to Remember:
- In person Early Voting & Absentee Voting by Mail begins Fri., September 23
- Sunday Voting, Sun., October 9, 2022 - 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Deadline to register to vote or update an existing registration is Mon., October 17
- Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you is Fri., October 28
- First Saturday available to vote early is Sat., October 29
- Last day to vote Early In-Person is Sat., November 5
Offices on the November 8, 2022 General Election Ballot:
- U.S. Representative - 2nd Congressional District
- City Council Members - Chuckatuck, Cypress, Suffolk and Holy Neck Boroughs
- School Board Members - Chuckatuck, Cypress, Suffolk and Holy Neck Boroughs
Electoral Board Meeting Information
Meeting Agendas and Minutes can be found on the City of Suffolk Agenda Center.
Voter Participation Center or Center for Voter Participation Info. Notices
If you received a notice from the Voter Participation Center (VPC) -or- The Center for Voter Information (CVI) indicating you are not registered to vote, you may confirm your voter registration information online through the Virginia Department of Elections HERE. These are third party groups not associated with the Department of Elections or the City of Suffolk Voter Registration Office.
Complaints for the Voter Participation Center (VPC) can be directed to them at 877-255-6750 -or- 202-420-3034.
Complaints for The Center Voter Information (CVI) can be directed to them at 202-766-6575.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Elections and Registration Department is to register citizens of Suffolk City to vote; to ensure that elections are impartial, fair, accurate, and accessible to all voters; to provide excellent customer service to voters, candidates, and the media; and to help the public understand and follow the laws, rules, and regulations.