You can help stop coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) by knowing the signs and symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
Seek medical advice if you
- Develop symptoms AND
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or live in or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room. Tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to the novel coronavirus outbreak. For the latest information visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The Virginia Department of Health is posting updated Virginia-specific information online here: www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus