View all facilities
Sleepy Hole Park
- Horseshoe Pit
- Nature Trail
- Picnic Shelters
Centrally located Sleepy Hole Park boasts 73.6 acres and is home to a variety of natural areas, 8 picnic shelters available for reservation, open space, trails and breathtaking views of the Nansemond River. There is a 5 acre freshwater lake and pier on the Nansemond River for fishing.
Click here Picnic Shelters for the number of shelters map to view.
For your safety and enjoyment, please observe the following rules while visiting the park:
- Park Operating Hours: Open sunrise to sunset and closed sunset to sunrise (except for official City activities or events). Entering Park between sunset and sunrise is trespassing.
- Park Office: 757-923-2385
- Alcohol, fireworks, illegal substances and activities prohibited
- No swimming allowed in City owned lakes
- Park speed is 15 m.p.h.
- All pets must be on a leash (City Code 10-43)
- Park in designated parking spaces only
- All motorized vehicles entering park must be licensed and registered
- Leave plants and wildlife undisturbed
- Fires are permitted in grills only
- Gasoline motors are prohibited. Electric and self propelled only
- Virginia freshwater fishing license required for persons 16 years and older
- Shoreline fishing in designated areas only
- Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and Virginia Marine Resource Commission laws enforced
- Water skis, surfboards, tubes and rafts prohibited on City lakes
Military Day Horseshoe Tournament
- For active and retired military personnel
- Saturday May 6, 2017
- Entry fee: $15
- Sponsored by the City of Suffolk
- Hosted by the Sleepy Hole Horseshoe Club
- Location: Sleepy Hole Suffolk, VA
- All entry fees donated to the Albert G Horton Jr. Memorial Veteran’s Cemetery
- Awards given to the top horseshoe pitchers from Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Navy and Marines
- Sign up from 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Play starts at 10 a.m.
- Double elimination, 50/50 raffle
- Food and drinks available for purchase
- For more information contact Scott Fencil at 757-717-4307