Thank you for your interest in the City of Suffolk's Holiday Parade! The parade will be held on Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 7:00 pm. The parade route will run east on West Washington Street and up North Main Street.
The 2020 Holiday Parade theme is ________.
Please take a moment to read through the Parade Information Packet and complete the below application in full. Incomplete application cannot be processed.
*All parade horses must have proof of a negative Coggins test. All animal entries require at least one person walking behind the animals to clean up any droppings.
*Drop-off passes will be used for vehicles to drive in to line-up to drop off participants. These vehicles can not park in the line-up area, and will not be in the parade. (You can request up to 5 passes)
This information will be used to write a script that will be read as your group approaches the grand stand.
*by clicking submit you are agreeing to all stated policies and procedures
• All parade units must incorporate lights into their decorations and costumes.
• All units must reflect the theme. Interpretation of the theme may be displayed differently.
• Organizations may display their names and greetings only on their unit and not on any other vehicles, if applicable.
• To ensure the safety of parade spectators parade units may not throw anything (including candy) from units. No material of any sort (candy, toys, leaflets, etc.) is to be thrown or otherwise distributed from any unit. Violations of this rule could result in units removal from the parade or forfeiture of attendance in any future City of Suffolk event,
• Units that arrive late will not be permitted into lineup.
• It is the organizations responsibility to arrange pickup of all float riders, band members, etc. from the disbandment area. Organizations are responsible for any vehicles left at the disbandment area unattended.
• Any walking units should be aware that the street could have residual dirt or debris and should take necessary precautions.
• All participants must be in costume. This includes all parade unit escorts and chaperones.
• No Santa characters are allowed. In addition, Santa beards are strictly prohibited. Santa hats are permissible.
• Only vehicles approved by the parade committee are allowed along the parade route with participating units.
• Parade participants must keep pace with the line of march to avoid gaps. All units must maintain a forward motion during the parade. Counter marching or other maneuvers is prohibited.
• Parade units will be judged in front of the Grandstand. Please be aware of time limits and judging criteria.
• Alcohol or other controlled substances, including all tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, etc.) are forbidden on and along the parade route. This includes all staging and disbanding areas. Participants consuming said substances prior to or during the parade will not be allowed to participate and will be removed from the lineup.
• The parade will take place rain or shine, hot or cold, unless forecasted weather predictions indicate proceeding with the parade would be detrimental to all involved. In the event of cancellation, parade participant contact persons will receive notification by telephone. Otherwise, please be prepared for all weather conditions.
• Refunds will be given, ONLY, if the City cancels.
• The Downtown Suffolk Holiday Parade does not provide liability insurance for the protection of parade participants, spectators, vendors or merchants engaged in these activities and does not assume liability for claims filed as a result of participating in the parade.
• Once approved, you may not change your unit design without authorization of the parade committee. You must notify the parade committee in writing of any planned changes. Participants that show up on parade day with unit changes that have not been approved are subject to removal from the parade line-up. Any entry not conforming to the approved application will be disqualified.
• Parade staff will be designated by fluorescent green vests that read "Event Staff" on the back. Parade staff is allowed to move throughout the parade lineup area. Participants in units who typically do not break lines will recognize parade staff and will permit them through without hesitation.
• The Downtown Suffolk Holiday Parade committee reserves the right to accept or reject any application without further explanation.
*By clicking submit you are agreeing to all acknowledgement, consent, release, waiver and indemnification for yourself and all members of your unit
I acknowledge and agree to abide by the Suffolk Holiday Parade policies and procedures. I understand that my or my unit's disregard for these items may disqualify us from future involvement in the Suffolk Holiday Parade.
I understand that photographs may be taken of me and/or my child at any Parks and Recreation program or facility for publication in material used to promote department programs, classes and events.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the 2020 Suffolk Holiday Parade, I for myself, my heirs, personal representatives or assigns, do hereby release, waive, and forever discharge the City of Suffolk, its Council members, officers, employees, and agents for liability from any and all claims, demands, rights and causes of action of whatever kind resulting in, but not limited to, bodily injury, personal injury, accident or illness (including death), and property damage sustained by me and my agents, representatives, employees, or family members arising from participation in the 2020 Suffolk Holiday Parade.
I shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of Suffolk, its Council members, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claim, loses, damages, fines and penalties, suits and costs, including injury and death penalties imposed by any authority which arise out of any violation of law by, and all acts of omissions caused by me, my employees, subcontractors, agents, or representatives during the participation in the 2020 Suffolk Holiday Parade.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field