The City of Suffolk Police Department provides an exceptional learning opportunity for those interested in participating in our internship program. Interns selected will work as non-paid, non–sworn civilians for the Suffolk Police Department.
Interns will be rotated around various departments within the police department during their internship to maximize their learning experience.
- Patrol Ride Alongs
- Criminal Investigations Unit
- Warrant Unit
- Animal Control
- Dispatch/Call Center
- Central Files
Internship Applicant Requirements
- Successfully pass a background investigation
- Obtain a letter of reference from a faculty advisor
- Successfully pass a chief’s interview
- Willing to sign an intern confidentiality agreement and an intern waiver/release
- Commit to a minimum of 120 hours for successful completion of the program
- Represent the city in a professional manner in all tasks assigned
If you would like more information on opportunities within the Suffolk Police Department contact our Background Investigator at 514-7907.