There's a bright future in store for Suffolk. When the City of Suffolk merged with the County of Nansemond on January 1, 1974, it grew overnight from a small, country town of two square miles to the state's largest city of 430 square miles, half the size of Rhode Island. And the region's population is projected to more than double over the next 20 years. That progression is seen as income levels rise as well.
- Average Household Income (2010) - $80,927
- Employment (3rd quarter 2015, source QEW BLS) - 22,350
- Households (2010, source U.S. Census) - 30,868
- Median Age (2010, source U.S. Census) - 38.7
- Median Household Income (2010, source U.S. Census) - $61,408
- Population (2015, source Weldon Cooper Center) - 90,426
- Residential Median Sales Price (2014, source ODU) - $333,402