You can now easily organize your own litter walk with lendable equipment available at the Suffolk Public Library.
Each kit includes:
•4 Litter Grabbers
•4 Safety Vests
Check Out a Kit
You can check availability and request a kit online or ask a library staff member for assistance at any of our locations. The library cardholder must sign the waiver prior to checking out the kit. If you take any photos you can share them on social media using #KeepSuffolkBeautiful and help us spread the word about the Team Up 2 Clean Up campaign.
- Who can check out a Litter Cleanup Kit? Anyone with a Suffolk Public Library card in good standing can borrow the kit.
- What do I do with the litter I collect? Once you’ve completed your litter cleanup you can contact Litter Control for bag and debris collection. You can contact them at (757) 514-7604 or by email.
- Do I need to replace any bags used? No, but you can return any unused bags with the rest of your kit.
- What if I need more equipment? If you are interested in organizing a larger litter walk requiring additional materials, contact Litter Control at (757) 514-7604 or by email.
- How long do I have the kit? Just like checking out a book you can check out the litter kit for three weeks. That’s a lot of litter you can clean up!