Special Bulk Pickups Running a Day Late
Due to staffing shortages bulk pickups will be running a day late. Regular Trash Pickup will be on the day scheduled but may run late. Thank you for your patience.
Special collection refers to the removal of large bulky items and other items that are too large to fit in the container to include:
- Yard waste
Collections at no charge per fiscal year**Fiscal Year is July 1st to June 30th
All residences within the City having public roadway access receive collection for household refuse weekly at no charge. The City will also provide 12 Special Collections of 12 cubic yards (6 feet wide by 6 feet high by 9 feet long) or less per year for each household at no charge. Only one pile of 12 cubic yards or less may be placed curbside on any collection day. It is not necessary to schedule these collections. Please place your items curbside no earlier than 24 hours before your regular refuse collection day but no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
Special Collections per fiscal year
Bags of extra household trash will not be removed. Any other items placed outside of the trash container for removal by the Sanitation Department will be considered a Special Collection. Residents who require more than 12 collections per year or who have collections in excess of 12 cubic yards, but less than 24 cubic yards may have these items removed for a fee.
Additional Collection Fees
The fees for additional Special Collections are listed below:
- 1 to 12 cubic yards $ 47.50 (after 12 collections have be used)
- 13 to 24 cubic yards $ 47.50 (before 12 collections have be used)
- 13 to 24 cubic yards $ 105.00 (after 12 collections have be used)
- Evictions $ 170.00
Residents who desire additional bulk collections must call the Sanitation Office at 514-7630 to schedule the pickup and may pay in several ways:
- Pay in person at one of the City Treasurer's offices
- Going online to www.suffolkezpay.us and paying via credit card, debit, e-check or PayPal/PayPal Credit. There is no convenience fee for any form or method of payment.”
- By mailing payment to the City Treasurer
For more information, please contact the Refuse Department.