AT THIS TIME SUFFOLK TRANSIT IS FOR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY
Lost & Found
Suffolk Transit is not responsible for items lost on transit buses, at bus shelters or left on benches at bus stops. Passengers are urged to turn over recovered items to transit bus drivers. All items recovered by drivers are secured at the Virginia Regional Transit office at 139 E Washington Street, Suite A, Suffolk, VA 23434. Suffolk Transit attempts to locate item owners who can be identified from the recovered item. To inquire about a lost item, call 757-214-6442.
Some things to remember:
- What Route were you on? Bus number?
- What stop did you get on or off at and at what time?
- As a general rule most routes are an hour long; if you realize as soon as you get off the bus that you left something on there, the bus should return to the same spot in an hour.
- All Suffolk Transit buses are equipped with seat belts; we encourage passengers to utilize them while on the bus.
- If no passenger is at the bus stop, the bus will not stop.
- Passengers are advised to arrive at their stop at least five minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Bus schedules do not permit waiting for passengers.
- Loading assistance is provided to persons with disabilities.
- The driver is required to remain on the bus at all other times.
- No smoking, drinking, eating or food in open containers allowed.
- Carry-on items (groceries, laundry, packages, etc.) are limited to what passengers can bring on and take off the bus by themselves as they get on or off the bus. Excessive items are not allowed; no assistance will be provided, and the bus will not wait at stops.
- Suffolk Transit buses are Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible, and equipped with the latest wheelchair lifts and securement systems. Each bus can carry no more than 2 wheelchair passengers at a time due to the number of securement spaces available.
- Follow the driver's instructions at all times.
- For your own safety, do not cross the street in front of the bus or step out suddenly in front of the bus.
- Please be sure to wait until the bus is completely stopped before you attempt to stand up from your seat to exit the bus.
- No animals except service animals will be permitted on any bus.
- Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not observing regulations, or to those whose behavior is hazardous to passengers or vehicular safety.
Passenger Courtesies for Suffolk Transit Buses
- When using cell phones, please be considerate - speak quietly when conversing with other passengers or when using a cell phone
- Smoking and profanity is prohibited
- No eating, drinking or food in open containers
- Headphones are encouraged for portable music and gaming devices
- Passengers must keep their heads, arms, and legs inside the vehicle at all times.
- Passengers must refrain from displaying rude or abusive behavior.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times.