Temporary Signs / Banners

TEMPORARY SIGNS/BANNER SIGNS. The zoning administrator may issue zoning permits for temporary or banner signs not exceeding 32 square feet in area, which promote a special civic, cultural or religious event, such as, but not limited to, a fair, exposition, play, concert or meeting sponsored by a governmental, charitable, educational or religious organization. Such sign may be allowed for a period not to exceed 30 days from the date of the permit. Such signs may be illuminated in accordance with the restrictions set forth in subsection (e) hereof. The permit procedures outlined in subsection 31-302 (c) shall apply.

Application Requirements for Temporary/Banner Signs

  1. Bring in or mail a Special Events Temporary Signage form (PDF)
  2. Bring in a picture of the sign indicating dimensions
  3. A Permit Technician will review the application. The Technician will determine if everything is in order. The application MAY need to be left for Zoning approval.
  4. The Technician will determine the fees that are due.
  5. A fee schedule will be printed. At that time, the applicant will take the fee printout to the Treasurer's office to pay the permit fees. The Treasurer's office will provide a receipt upon payment.
  6. Return to Community Development with the receipt
  7. After Zoning approval (may not be same day processing), the permit will be printed.