Contraband Not Allowed in the Courthouse
All persons who enter the courts complex are subject to search. When entering, visitors will be required to have all packages, purses, bags, wallets and any other item deemed necessary to be scanned. Those persons with a health condition or other medical issues may request alternative forms of search.
The items listed below are a sample of the type of items that would be considered contraband and are not allowed into the building. The Suffolk Sheriff’s Office will not secure any items deemed contraband as they must be removed from the facility.
- Cameras or any type of recording equipment
- Guns (with or without concealed weapons permit)
- Handcuff keys
- Nail files / fingernail clippers
- Tablets / Smart Phones / Smart watches or any other electronic device
- Pocket knives
- Other items deemed to be contraband by the Sheriff or Director of Security