The Suffolk Fire & Rescue Department is currently seeking to hire individuals who are dedicated, driven, and have a desire to serve the Suffolk community. They will hold an informational recruiting session on April 14, 2018 at King’s Fork Middle School, 350 Kings Fork Road, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. for interested parties.
Suffolk Fire & Rescue Chief Cedric Scott notes, “We are looking forward to this recruiting drive and we are very excited to provide this opportunity to those who have a willingness to serve the community. We have worked to develop a great Fire Department and we are very pleased to be recruiting for the position of firefighter and I encourage everyone to spread the word that Suffolk Fire and Rescue is hiring.”
In addition to a competitive salary, full-time positions offer the following benefits:
• Paid on the Job Training
• Life Insurance
• Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Generous amount of holidays as recognized by the State of Virginia
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Free employee development and wellness courses
• 457 deferred compensation plan and Roth IRA
• Other optional benefits such as Flexible Spending Accounts, Short and
Long Term Disability
• Legal Resources and Employee Assistance Program
If you are interested in becoming a firefighter with Suffolk Fire & Rescue, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/suffolkva. The application period began on April 9, 2018. For more information, contact Suffolk Fire & Rescue Training Bureau at 757-514-4547, or 757-514-4549.