APPOINTMENT TO SERVE AS THE COUNCIL MEMBER TO REPRESENT THE CHUCKATUCK BOROUGH
Pursuant to the City Charter of the City of Suffolk §3.04, the Suffolk City Council will appoint, by majority vote, a citizen of Suffolk who lives in the Chuckatuck Borough to serve in the vacancy of a Council Member to represent the Chuckatuck Borough. The appointed citizen will serve as the Council Member for Chuckatuck Borough until December 31, 2022. An election for the City Council seat of the Chuckatuck Borough will take place during the November 2022 General Election.
Eligibility for consideration and appointment requires the following:
- Must be a resident and registered voter of the Chuckatuck Borough
- Must be at least the age of 18
- Must not be a convicted felon or have been convicted of any crime that would preclude the right to hold office
- Must complete and submit the notice of interest document
- Must meet all other qualifications to hold office, pursuant to the Code of Virginia
A notice of interest submission can be completed and submitted online at https://form.jotform.com/203363734505048. Alternatively the notice of interest submission form can be downloaded for mailing or emailing at https://www.suffolkva.us/DocumentCenter/View/5230/Appointment---Chuckatuck-Borough.
The City of Suffolk – City Clerk’s Office must be in receipt of all notices of interest no later than January 15, 2021, by close of business, which is 5:00 p.m., in all submission formats; electronic submission, United States Post, or electronic mail, at the following addresses: Office of the City Clerk, P.O. Box 1858, Suffolk, Virginia 23439 or email@example.com.