Lone Star Lakes Park
- 3D Archery Range
- Boat Ramp
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Tables
- Radio Control Flying Field
Lone Star Lakes offers 1,063 acres, 11 lakes for fresh water fishing, nature trails and picnic areas with tables and grills. There's also a playground, a four-mile horse trail, archery range (visit the Kingsboro Bowmen website for more information), model airplane flying field (call 757-641-6511 for more information), fishing and crabbing pier, shoreline fishing areas, and plenty of flora and fauna!
Take a look at the map of this park. Find out more information in the Lone Star Lakes brochure.
Boat Ramp Information
Please note that boat rentals are not available. Propellers must be removed from gas-powered motors.
Please note that shelter rentals are not available at Lone Star Lakes Park. Call 757-255-4032 for more information.
For your safety and enjoyment, please observe the following rules while visiting the park:
- Park Operating Hours – OPEN sunrise to sunset
- CLOSED sunset to sunrise (except for City activities)
- Entering Park between sunset and sunrise is TRESPASSING
- Park office 757-255-4032, emergency 911 , Non-emergency 757-923-2350
- Alcohol, fireworks, illegal substances and activities are prohibited
- No swimming allowed in City owned lakes
- Park speed limit is 15 MPH
- Park in designated parking spaces only
- All pets must be on a leash (Park rule)
- All motorized vehicles entering park must be licensed and registered
- No ATV’s, dirt bikes or personal utility vehicles allowed in park
- Leave plants and wildlife undisturbed
- Remain on designated and marked trails at all times
- Fires are permitted in grills only
- Only boats with electric motors or self-propelled are allowed in lakes.
- Gasoline motors do not have to be removed.
- Virginia freshwater fishing license required for persons 16 years of age and older
- Shoreline fishing in designated areas only
- Water skis, surfboards, tubes and inflatable’s are prohibited on City Lakes
- Horseback riding restricted to designated trails only
- Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and Virginia Marine Resource Commission laws enforced
- Safety course mandatory for use of flying field and archery range
- Any activity deemed unsafe by park staff will be stopped immediately